www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Daniel Lang ...@leo.org>
Subject Re: ftp://ftp.leo.org/ and http://ftp.leo.org/ out of date !
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:06:28 GMT
Hi Erik,

Erik Abele wrote on Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:34:35PM +0100:
[..]
> this is just a brief note that we've discovered that the mirrors
> ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/general/infosys/www/daemons/apache/dist/ and
> http://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/general/infosys/www/daemons/apache/dist/
> were not updated for nearly 3.0 days now. We usually require our
> mirrors to update at least once a day. Please fix this problem as soon
> as possible.

This seems to be a mistake. My mirroring logs show, that indeed
the apache tree was synced every day in 2004 (I did not check
before that). I guess you can confirm this, by checking our
"DATE" file, which changes every day and thus was fetched
every day. I can provide you with my rsync logs, if you have
doubts. So unless, you have changed anything serious on
dev.apache.org (and I doubt that, because I follow the list),
there must be some misunderstanding.

> If you can restore your mirrors to a reliable and well-connected state,
> please let us know by replying directly to me or by posting to
> mirrors@apache.org. We'll then abstain from removing them from our
> official list. Otherwise they will be removed in the next few days.
[..]

From my view, everything works like charm. Maybe to solve the
problem, you could point out, how you have determined, that our
mirror was somehow not updated in 3 days?

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                         - Der Zweite Platz ist Dreck -
 Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/