www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: New Mirror - http://apache.simhams.com
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 04:11:26 GMT

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Ravi Simhambhatla wrote:

> Joshua,
>
> That's equivalent to the speed of approximately 7 T-1 lines (at home).  You
> sure that apache will take up a significant chunk of that?  If so, I'll pass
> :)

Unfortunately, if I gave you a number, I'd just be guessing.  That's why I
hope someone with real numbers can respond.

We have been talking about 10Mbit as a nice round requirement, which is
why I mentioned you are borderline.

(We are also interested in perhaps getting more detailed statistics from a
few of our mirrors that could be used to estimate global download numbers.
I'll try to write more about this in a different email sometime soon.)

Joshua.