www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: apache.roweboat.net
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:53:44 GMT

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Andy Rowe-- MIRRORS MAINTAINER wrote:
>
> > Erik,
> >
> > If anyone has been wondering about my mirror. it has been freezing up all day today
i think i have resolved the problem. Think it might have been a bad memeory stick i bought
second hand. I just updated  the mirror a few min ago so i think im up and running again.

> This mirror (at 3am EDT) is quite slow, it appears to be hosted on a DSL
> line... is this good for the apache going-public's experience?
>
> download example:
> 03:48:51 (82.35 KB/s) - `httpd-2.0.47.tar.Z' saved

It looks okay now.  Perhaps this was related to his hardware problems.
I'll try to check again during the week.

> Oh, and did I miss an update to the standard Apache Mirror setup that
> included some crazy pop-up crap? yuck... no pop-ups please when I chose to
> download from a mirror, thats definitely bad for customer experience.

I have to agree.  Please pull this from your Readme file.

Joshua.