www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: A new mirror
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:57:41 GMT

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, David Wilcox, Ilisys Web Hosting wrote:

> Erik,
> I've added the content of your HEADER.html into our HEADER.html.  I've kept
> the information the same but changed some of Heading, Preformat, etc tags
> to keep it inline with our CSS.
> Is it ok like this?

We don't have very strict policies about this (other than "no local
changes allowed"), but I'm not very happy with the way your mirror looks
overall.

The way you have the site framed, it very much looks like Ilisys is the
provider of the software, rather than the provider of a mirror.  I know
one or two other mirror sites do framing in similar ways, but I believe
yours is the most confusing.

Here's a suggestion:  Use the proper, unmodified README.html and
HEADER.html inside the main frame, and change the top frame to read
"Mirror provided by Ilisys Web Hosting" or something similar.

Thanks for your efforts to supply an Apache Mirror!

Joshua.