www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Christopher L. Morrow" <ch...@UU.NET>
Subject RE: apache.roweboat.net
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 07:51:22 GMT

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Andy Rowe-- MIRRORS MAINTAINER wrote:

> Erik,
>
> If anyone has been wondering about my mirror. it has been freezing up all day today i
think i have resolved the problem. Think it might have been a bad memeory stick i bought second
hand. I just updated  the mirror a few min ago so i think im up and running again.

This mirror (at 3am EDT) is quite slow, it appears to be hosted on a DSL
line... is this good for the apache going-public's experience?

download example:
03:48:51 (82.35 KB/s) - `httpd-2.0.47.tar.Z' saved

Oh, and did I miss an update to the standard Apache Mirror setup that
included some crazy pop-up crap? yuck... no pop-ups please when I chose to
download from a mirror, thats definitely bad for customer experience.

-Chris