www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: A new mirror
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:51:15 GMT
On 11/09/2003, at 08:41, David Wilcox, Ilisys Web Hosting wrote:

> Erik,
> I've added the content of your HEADER.html into our HEADER.html.  I've
> kept the information the same but changed some of Heading, Preformat,
> etc tags to keep it inline with our CSS.
> Is it ok like this?

Perhaps I'm a bit too strict but when you compare for example
http://nagoya.apache.org/mirror/${PROJECT}/ with the corresponding path
on your mirror, you'll see that a lot of useful information gets lost,
e.g. release notes, pointers to binaries, verification instructions,
etc.

I'd suggest to keep the current startpage (looks good) and disable the
adjusted HEADER/README.html for any subdirectories so that our stuff
gets displayed.

Cheers,
Erik

btw, Joshua, Thom what do you think about this? Am I too restrictive?