www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Cian Davis <dav...@skynet.ie>
Subject Added ftp to apache.csn.ul.ie
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:29:37 GMT
Hi All,
FTP access to our mirror has been started. It's available at
ftp://ftp.csn.ul.ie/mirrors/apache and http://apache.csn.ul.ie Apologies
for downtime and slow updates over the last while but we were moving to
a new server for mirrors.

Is the purpose of the mirrors to purely provide the dist/ directory or
to provide more of the site as well? We used also rsync apache-site but
I checked everything on moving over and this conflicts with the
apache-dist mirror. Is there a way that we can provide more of the
apache site? I particularily would like to provide all the httpd docs
locally not only to take some of the load off apache.org but also as our
University has a habit of blocking external net access for students. By
having full mirrors of sites, we can offer constant availability of the
information contained in the mirrors to the students. One reason for
this is to try and stem the tide of IT students using IIS, ASP and
Access and looking at me blankly when I ask them why they don't use PHP
and MySQL under apache! :-)

Regards,
Cian Davis