www-mirrors mailing list archives

From shimi <sh...@shimi.net>
Subject Re: Send us a link to your logos!
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:24:35 GMT

That contradicts the principile of "all the mirrors should be exactly
equal". However, what you are suggesting is used by the PHP.net mirrors as
well (a mirror that we also have). So I don't know... here it's more
difficult. I think that what they're planning is (due to the announcement
about SourceForge) is to place all the mirrors in a one big list at SF,
which is why those file links are for... and I think that if it's place
there, you can't do too much dynamic stuff around anyways... but those are
only speculations ;)

--

  Best regards,
     Shimi

----

   "Outlook is a massive flaming horrid blatant security violation, which
    also happens to be a mail reader."

   "Sure UNIX is user friendly; it's just picky about who its friends are."