www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Send us a link to your logos!
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:42:44 GMT
Hi everyone,

This is just a brief note that we'd like to solicit logos from our mirrors
that we will place on our download pages when your mirror is selected.

This is to serve two purposes:

- Thank you for contributing your time/effort/bandwidth to help the ASF
- Make it more prominent which mirror is selected (and that a mirror is used!)

Guidelines:

- The logos should probably be in GIF/JPG/PNG format.
- The logos should be no larger than 100x34.  (This is what SourceForge uses.)
- Please provide a URL to the logo.  (We'll point to the logo on your server.)
- Please provide a link that you'd like the logo to point at when clicked.
(Your home page or whatnot.)

In your email, *please* ensure that you indicate which mirror you're
submitting a logo for!

This is also an experiment to see what type of response we receive from this.
We'll collect the logos, then when one of us ASF people gets a chance, we will
start to incorporate them on our download pages.  (This may take a little bit,
so bear with us!)

If you don't wish to provide a logo, that's perfectly acceptable too.  ;-)

Thanks!  -- justin