www-mirrors mailing list archives

From p...@mirror.ac.uk
Subject Re: Rsync mirror
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 14:03:54 GMT
Subject: UK national academic mirror at http://www.mirror.ac.uk

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Fri, 9 May 2003, Neo Wee Teck wrote:
>
> > Does Apache need any rsync mirrors? Might be able to provide a "apache-dist"
> > rsync site
>
> Yes, I think that now that we have better quality control on mirrors, it
> is time to start thinking about pushing some of the rdist load off of
> www.apache.org.
>
> I'd suggest that we could use perhaps up to a half-dozen rdist-capable
> mirrors.  Maybe one or two in each of Europe, Asia, and North America.
> These would need to be VERY reliable sites, since if they went out of date
> they would take out all their child-mirrors as well.
>
> Any volunteers?
>
> Joshua.

UK site(two physical locations atm) can be switch to single site to retain
availability if an outage happens on a given site.
rsync rsync.mirror.ac.uk::www.apache.org/apache-dist 200MB/s
soon to be 1200MB/s no current connection limit on rsync connections.

Phill.

--
Senior Computer Science Computing Officer (UK Mirror Service)
University Of Kent At Canterbry