www-mirrors mailing list archives

From <ad...@four10.com>
Subject Re: Rsync mirror
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 03:20:20 GMT
Sure, count me in. I will need to finish some upgrades to the box, but a week should be plenty.
I can cover North America.

http://apache.tarchive.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joshua Slive
  To: mirrors@apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 7:51 PM
  Subject: Re: Rsync mirror

  On Fri, 9 May 2003, Neo Wee Teck wrote:

  > Does Apache need any rsync mirrors? Might be able to provide a "apache-dist"
  > rsync site

  Yes, I think that now that we have better quality control on mirrors, it
  is time to start thinking about pushing some of the rdist load off of
  www.apache.org.

  I'd suggest that we could use perhaps up to a half-dozen rdist-capable
  mirrors.  Maybe one or two in each of Europe, Asia, and North America.
  These would need to be VERY reliable sites, since if they went out of date
  they would take out all their child-mirrors as well.

  Any volunteers?

  Joshua.