www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: new nl mirror (easynet)
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:30:09 GMT

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 diederik@nl.easynet.net wrote:

> mirrorring:

> dist.apache-website ->
>  http://dist.apache.easynet.nl
>   or: ftp.easynet.nl/mirror/apache-dist (ftp/http)
>       rsync ftp.easynet.nl::apache-dist

Do you have a particular reason for mirroring all those different sites?
Only the above mirror is really of any use to us.  Other sites are not
designed for mirroring (they contain absolute links) and we have no way of
sending traffic to mirrors.

In addition, it makes no sense to mirror both apache-site and apache-dist,
since they overlap.  You will wind up pulling all the distributions twice.

> frequency: *high*
>  small sites 4x / hour, bigger ones 1x/hour

That sounds a little more agressive than is really needed.  Is there a
reason you are updating more than once a day?

Thanks.

Joshua.