www-mirrors mailing list archives

From shimi <sh...@shimi.net>
Subject about closer.cgi
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 00:27:14 GMT

I just tried it in that link:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/httpd/binaries/win32/

it said that it doesn't find a mirror in my dns code. although my reverse
dns is the same as the mirror itself, because I connected from the same
domain...

i am talking about the .il domain.

is there a chance that in case that close.cgi didn't resolve successfully
the hostname [i.e. last characters are int] - it'll say so and mention
that if you do know that your host resolves, wait a few moments and
refresh the page so it displays the mirror close to you?

or more than that - just use geoip and solve all the problems at once?

--

  Best regards,
     Shimi

----

   "Outlook is a massive flaming horrid blatant security violation, which
    also happens to be a mail reader."

   "Sure UNIX is user friendly; it's just picky about who its friends are."