www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@rtfmconsult.com>
Subject Re: Apache.org mirrors: how-to-mirror update
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 04:01:56 GMT
On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> We cleared this earlier in the day and blocked the offending party, then
> another one came in and blocked everything up.  It's getting pretty
> annoying.

it is indeed.

> If anyone has any ideas on what is causing this or how to avoid it, they
> would be welcome.

get all the people using rsync to update to the latest version, e.g rsync
2.5.5 and make sure that is also running on the server.

also consider lowering the timeout, perhaps to 600

lastly, please consider making two different sharesets available - one
for "general" mirrors and the other for 'tier1' mirrors who can also
onfeed to others in their region.

lastly, there are a huge number of apache mirrors - much more than
most other projects that i know of so the default limit might be
quite low if all of these are syncing from a single site (the apache
master site)

regards,

-jason