www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Yusmar Yahaya <...@boolean.pc.my>
Subject Re: Apache.org mirrors: how-to-mirror update
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 05:23:45 GMT
On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> We cleared this earlier in the day and blocked the offending party, then
> another one came in and blocked everything up.  It's getting pretty
> annoying.
>
> If anyone has any ideas on what is causing this or how to avoid it, they
> would be welcome.

i think it probably relates back to apache.org's "how to mirror apache"
guide page, where it states that you have to pull the repository between
8am GMT till noon GMT.

from the error messages i've got lately, it was during that time frame.
perhaps if each region were given a time period to rsync, then you can
roughly predict the traffic size. e.g. each region should rsync between
8am-noon at their own timezone, not 8am-noon GMT.

my 2cents.

~Yusmar Yahaya                  yus@boolean.pc.my
                                http://leafbug.org/~yus