www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: new fast mirror in the netherlands
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:49:16 GMT

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Thom May wrote:

> * Marc Smeets (m.smeets@nedlinux.nl) wrote :
> > Dear Sir/Madam,
> >
> > I would like to inform you about the fact that there is a brand new
> > mirror for apache.org in The Netherlands. This mirror is positioned at
> > perhaps the fastest location in The Netherlands, the AMS-IX (Amsterdam
> > Internet Exchange). Our server has a 100Mbit connecton to internet
> > with no limitations in use of bandwidth.
> >
> > The mirror is accessable via the following location:
> > http://mirror.trueserver.nl
> > The mirroring activity is a collaboration of Trueserver.nl and
> > Nedlinux.nl.
> >
> Got it, thanks. Please ensure that you are subscribed to this mailing list
> :-)

Just one more little point: Although you are welcome to mirror everything,
the only traffic we will direct to your site will be to
http://apache.mirror.trueserver.nl/dist/

We have no current method of directing people to mirrors of other parts of
our website, although we may look at it in the future.  So, for the time
begin, that is wasted bandwidth from our perspective.

Thanks again.

Joshua.