www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Mirror-Removal
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:43:49 GMT

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Flo Spiegel wrote:

> Hello!
> I wondered why there were so less visits on my apache-mirror this month
> and found out that it was removed from the mirror-list.
> But I was not told why and when this happened.
> I would be pleased if you could tell me somehting about that. Until this
> date I was part of the German-mirrors.
> The address was:
> http://mirrors.serveftp.org/apache-site
> <http://mirrors.serveftp.org/apache-site>
> ftp://mirrors.serveftp.org/apache-site
> <ftp://mirrors.serveftp.org/apache-site>
>
> Both are still online ...

Apologies for the lack of communication.  We are still working on
improving our mirror maintenance.

Luckily, the process is perfectly open.  You can see the cvs file for the
database that tracks our mirrors here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/site/docs/mirrors/mirrors.list
Your mirror was removed in Revision 1.61 because it didn't contain the
jakarta-ant distribution several days after this was put on the main
server.  Are you sure you are updating frequently enough (at least twice a
week, and preferably nightly)?

Since you seem to be up-to-date at the moment, I will add you back.  But
please check your update frequency.

Thanks.

Joshua.