www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@rtfmconsult.com>
Subject Re: Apache.org mirrors: how-to-mirror update
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:15:15 GMT
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Yes... It is indeed dead and buried: look at http://java.apache.org/ and
> you'll see that all projects have been moved...

nod.. ok, so basically it's all moved into jakarta..

> > and i was/am going to ask about the nature of the other projects
> > (xml/perl/apr etc..).  i've decided to ignore jakarta for now
> > since the 8G of space it seems to want is simply.. not sensible
> > compared to the rest of the apache project :-)
>
> In my book it's slightly over 4Gb.. But then I only mirror software
> distributions...

i was going by what the rsync motd said.

> http://nagoya.apache.org/dist/

this is sort out of sequence (since i think joshua and the others are
working on it already (?)) but are there plans to move the jakarta
dist stuff into the current dist tree ?

at the moment the jakarta directory is basically empty and there is
a .htaccess backup file which points redirects everything back to
www.apache.org

frankly i'm confused - i thought it would be relatively easy to migrate
all the download side of things into the dist tree that is exported to
mirrors (since they all seem to have a /dist in their respective web
trees already)

regards,

-jason