www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@rtfmconsult.com>
Subject Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:15:19 GMT
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Just as an interesting data point based on the new 2.0.44 release being
> put in the dist directory last evening:
>
> Of our 159 mirrors, 125 have picked up the release over-night.
>
> Perhaps we should make nightly updates a requirement rather than a
> recommendation?

it would be even better if there was the ability for the apache.org
mirroring system to do a "push signal" as a number of other archives
now do (e.g gnome) via ssh.  though maybe not for 159 mirrors if you think
the overhead would be too much (i do) but this comes back to dividing up
mirrors into "tier1" and "tier2" and then making a push signalling sync
via ssh mandatory for a tier1.

my $0.02 and merely a suggestion..

regards,

-jason