www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache.org mirrors: how-to-mirror update
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:07:46 GMT
On 29/1/03 8:07, "jason andrade" <jason@rtfmconsult.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> Hoy hoy hoy... JServ is still "my" baby... We got ONE download right
>> yesterday (one in the last 3 months, I believe) ! :-) :-)
>>
>> I fixed the perms...
>
> thanks pier.
>
>> Pier (yeah, mirroring Java.Apache.ORG is kinda weird!)
>
> is it actually a dead project ?  i can't figure out otherwise why
> it can't be added to the list of mirrorable things..

Yes... It is indeed dead and buried: look at http://java.apache.org/ and
you'll see that all projects have been moved...

> and i was/am going to ask about the nature of the other projects
> (xml/perl/apr etc..).  i've decided to ignore jakarta for now
> since the 8G of space it seems to want is simply.. not sensible
> compared to the rest of the apache project :-)

In my book it's slightly over 4Gb.. But then I only mirror software
distributions...

http://nagoya.apache.org/dist/

    Pier

--
"Jakarta Tomcat is [...] it is produced by the Apache organisation under the
GNU public licence [...]"           Emma Newby - Techincal Lead - SkyRock UK