www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject RE: Heads up...
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:28:01 GMT
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:59:01 -0800
> From: Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org>
> To: "mirrors@apache.org" <mirrors@apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Heads up...

> We don't want to have users browsing the mirrors.

  -- Who is 'we' ?
  -- Why do 'we' want that ?

  I don't think I want to mirror a www site,
  that users aren't supposed to browse.

>                                                    They should be
> directed there by deep linking from the relevant apache.org site.

  For the Jakarta ANT stuff, the 'deep links' are
  incorrect for site mirrors (missing /dist/).

  Apart from that, it's a good idea. However, 'index.html' and
  README files for www and ftp users would improve usability.

  The backup site http://nagoya.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/
  gives a 404 error.

> justin

  regards.

  Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University \__/  \
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands. \__/
Telephone: +31-30-2534106, fax: 2513791, NIC-handle: HPP1 _/  \__/  \
News.answers http://www.cs.uu.nl/cgi-bin/faqwais     \__/  \__/  \__/