www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: apache.towardex.com URL path change
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 05:36:53 GMT
Actually (and I haven't actually tried this) you might want to just do
this
if you have mod_alias loaded:

Redirect permanent /dist http://your-mirror.example.com/

(That's probably faster than dealing with the regexp logic in
mod_rewrite.)

OTOH, I'm still not sure why we got rid of the site content from our
mirrors.
Do the mirror maintainers out there think this is a good or a bad
change,
or just don't care maybe?

-aaron