www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Heads up...
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 23:28:31 GMT
The master mirror if you want to call it that would still be
www.apache.org, and from my understanding any permissions problems that
the mirrors encounter should be posted to this list and someone will
then forward it to the approriate person or mailing list to be fixed up.

I know any emails I see in here relating to permissions problems are
forwarded off to another mailing list where the people with the right
access are reading it..

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Henk P. Penning [mailto:henkp@cs.uu.nl]
Sent: Friday, 6 December 2002 10:22 AM
To: Justin Erenkrantz
Cc: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: RE: Heads up...

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:41:59 -0800
> From: Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org>
> To: jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>,
>      "mirrors@apache.org" <mirrors@apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Heads up...
>
> Is that for java.apache.org?  Looks like it.  I'll forward to
> infrastructure@ and hopefully someone with the right perms will fix
> it.
>
> As always, if you guys see errors, let us know!  -- justin

  Who is 'us' ?? I have often spotted (permission) errors,
  and the only addres I can report these to, is this mirrors
  list. Please publish an address where mirrors can report
  errors.

  Do I understand you right, that there now will be a 'master
  mirror' from which we, the mirrors, mirror all apache stuff ?
  That would be great.

  I think it would be advisable that the 'master' mirrors stuff
  from the various projects (as opposed to the projects pushing
  stuff to the 'master'). This way, the master can notice
  mirror problems, that would otherwize be noticed only by
  the mirrors. This goes for permission problems, but also
  volume problems etc.

  Regards.

  Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University \__/  \
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands. \__/
Telephone: +31-30-2534106, fax: 2513791, NIC-handle: HPP1 _/  \__/  \
News.answers http://www.cs.uu.nl/cgi-bin/faqwais     \__/  \__/  \__/