www-mirrors mailing list archives

From hc <ha...@towardex.com>
Subject Re: apache.towardex.com URL path change
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 02:50:43 GMT
Hmmm.. for some reason, it looks like people bookmarked the /dist
section of our mirror, which no longer exists. So, now using modrewrite
to fix that...

If there are any other mirrors who no longer host apache-site module,
you may be having similar problem. Consider using this under your apache
mirror vhost for those people still using old url.. (of course
substitute your-apache-mirror.your-site.org to your actual mirror server
address):
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/dist(.*)  http://your-apache-mirror.your-site.org/$1 [L,R]

Just a tip for those of you who didn't use mod_rewrite in a while.. :-)
-hc