www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Heads up...
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:59:01 GMT
--On Friday, December 6, 2002 12:58 AM +0100 "Henk P. Penning"
<henkp@cs.uu.nl> wrote:

>   In the past, some 'permission problems' could only be solved
>   by adding more '--exclude' options. Other problems for mirrors,
>   have gone unsolved for years.

If this occurs, please send an email to mirrors@apache.org (this
address).  I haven't seen any permission errors that were raised on
this list that we didn't try to address.

>   An apache mirror is only usable by an expert: if you know what you
>   need, you can get it there; if you don't, you're lost.
>   Compare the www.apache.org with a mirror; see the difference ?

We don't want to have users browsing the mirrors.  They should be
directed there by deep linking from the relevant apache.org site.  --
justin