www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Heads up...
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:52:58 GMT
--On Friday, December 6, 2002 9:43 AM +1100 Andrew Kenna
<andrewk@stamina.com.au> wrote:

>> From my understanding of Justin's email... The ASF is not looking
>> for
> people to mirror the apache web sites so change your rsync script to
> point fo apache-dist as this is specific to the distributions
> directory on the apache server.

We will keep the other rsync modules open as they have some cool
stuff underneath - especially the mail archives.  =)

But, most mirrors will probably only be interested in the apache-dist
module for now.  If you want to use more bandwidth (ours and yours)
and more disk space (only yours), feel free to rsync the others...

Again, we might rethink our policy of mirroring the website in the
future (just not anytime soon).  Right now, we're doing such a poor
job of mirroring, that it is much more important to get distribution
of releases using mirrors.  Once the dust settles and if our
bandwidth is still a major concern, we'll investigate mirroring more
of our content.  Baby steps!  -- justin