www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Haesu <ha...@towardex.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: site/xdocs/dev mirrors.xml
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:35:51 GMT
TowardEX Tech (apache.towardex.com) mirror serving at 45Mbits/s in Boston
region (just upgraded a few days ago..)

I believe everyone should also email back and disclose their mirror
update policies. Like, how many times do they run rsync or other programs to
keep the mirror fully up-to-date.

On our mirror we use rsync and rsync queries for any updates once every
two hours.

I do not believe so called "medium-quality" mirrors should be delisted,
although I do agree management problems may exist. Unless those medium
quality mirrors just do not care any more to keep their mirror up to date,
those people have put their effort and time to provide anything they can,
as an appreciation to the apache community. I think they should be still
listed as long as they are operating their mirror with compliance to
the guidelines...

 My two cents of thought right there..

P.S.: For those in US, happy thanksgiving..

	--haesu