www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject RE: cvs commit: site/xdocs/dev mirrors.xml
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:34:24 GMT
On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> I wonder whether it would be worthwhile getting all mirrors if they
> don't have any objections disclosing what speed their mirror site has to
> the internet ?

ugh.  ok, i can understand wanting this knowledge, but do we really want
to see 100+ messages, most of whom are not going to trim the original
email, so it's going to be several meg of mail flying about, just for
this ?  perhaps mailing andrew directly rather than the mirrors list ?

and this is going to go on for a weeek as various people catch up to the
list and submit stuff...  unless there is a cynical view that not that
many read/respond to the mirrors list anymore..

regards,

-jason

[lots of stuff deleted that shouldn't be reforwarded every time]