www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: mirroring jakarta?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 02:49:57 GMT
The Jakarta project is available via rsync.

Do an rsync www.apache.org::jakarta-site --exclude builds

N.b. The builds directory is approx 6gb

Andrew Kenna

andrewk@apache.org

-----Original Message-----
From: David Coulthart [mailto:davec@columbia.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 November 2002 1:29 PM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: mirroring jakarta?

I maintain a local mirror (not publically accessible), which carries the
apache software by rsync'ing with www.apache.org::apache-dist.  I've
received a request to mirror jakarta, but I have found that jakarta-dist
is not available via rsync & I don't seem to find any public mirrors
that actually have it either.  I believe I remember reading a thread a
while back about this particular issue, but I wanted to see if there
were any updates on the subject?

The user requesting jakarta specifically noted how slow it is to
retrieve it from apache.org & it seems like this is exactly what a
mirror is supposed to help.  The idea was brought up of using wget to
mirror jakarta.apache.org/builds/, but I don't really want to have to
write the script for this & I'd prefer to save the bandwidth by using
rsync if it all possible.

Thanks,
Dave Coulthart