www-mirrors mailing list archives

From David Coulthart <da...@columbia.edu>
Subject Re: mirroring jakarta?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:04:54 GMT
Andrew,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I actually just discovered
www.apache.org::jakarta-site/builds/ and figured that was the part of
the side I actually _did_ want to mirror.  The request from our user was
for faster access downloading the software, which I thought was exactly
what jakarta-site/builds/ is.  Our user doesn't have much interest in
building from source, just quicker access to the binaries.  What would
the value be in mirroring all of jakarta-site?  I have the 6GB to spare
on our mirror server for the builds (plus probably enough for all of
jakarta-site if there's a reason), as long as apache doesn't mind us
taking a bit of bandwidth to get it started.

Thanks,
Dave Coulthart