www-mirrors mailing list archives

From David Coulthart <da...@columbia.edu>
Subject mirroring jakarta?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 02:28:59 GMT
I maintain a local mirror (not publically accessible), which carries the
apache software by rsync'ing with www.apache.org::apache-dist.  I've
received a request to mirror jakarta, but I have found that jakarta-dist
is not available via rsync & I don't seem to find any public mirrors
that actually have it either.  I believe I remember reading a thread a
while back about this particular issue, but I wanted to see if there
were any updates on the subject?

The user requesting jakarta specifically noted how slow it is to
retrieve it from apache.org & it seems like this is exactly what a
mirror is supposed to help.  The idea was brought up of using wget to
mirror jakarta.apache.org/builds/, but I don't really want to have to
write the script for this & I'd prefer to save the bandwidth by using
rsync if it all possible.

Thanks,
Dave Coulthart