www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Mario Guerra <mgue...@micit.go.cr>
Subject RE: Mirror Update time
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:17:21 GMT
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, myfriend.is.not.my.enemies.org wrote:

> How about do some testing on it using slapper exploit(I mean for mirror that running
Red Hat).
> p/s: Sorry for my bad idea and I also not blaming Red Hat.
>  Andrew Kenna <andrewk@stamina.com.au> wrote:Thats my thoughts too, but obviously
people being people all have their different opinions on things.

> I'm just concentrating on the content of the mirrors now to make sure they are configured
properly, and carry the latest versions. If each admin wants to rely on Redhat making their
rpm's secure its their own network that will suffer if all holes aren't patched up.

 It's a good idea for it realtes to quality control. The same is true for
things like the package manager which do need some debugging.

Mario Guerra