www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Mirror Update time
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:50:35 GMT

> >Andrew Kenna wrote:
>
> >>Does anyone have any problems with removing mirror sites that are
> running versions of apache prior to 1.3.26 ?

Andrew,

Thanks very much for checking on up-to-date mirrors.

With regard to the version question, I agree with the opinion of others
on this list that we need to leave this up to the mirror admins.  If we
were sure that they were running a vulnerable server, then I would
indeed support removing them.  But there is no way we can actually tell
that from the version number.

On the other hand, posting a list of old server versions every once in a
while could do some good.  We might be able to guilt people into updating.

Joshua.