www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Emil <arch...@ftp.sunet.se>
Subject Re: Forwarded mail....
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:04:32 GMT
"Henk P. Penning" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   when mirroring apache, rsync says:
>
>     readlink dist/httpd/CVS/Root: Permission denied
>     readlink dist/httpd/CVS/Repository: Permission denied
>     readlink dist/httpd/CVS/Entries: Permission denied
>     readlink dist/httpd/CVS/Repository.bak: Permission denied
>
>   This is bad because rsync also says:
>
>     IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
>
>   This was reported some days ago.
>   Can someone please fix this ?

Though it's not a fix it might be a (hopefully temporary) workaround.
Add more flags to rsync (from 'rsync 2>&1 |grep -i cvs'):

  -C, --cvs-exclude           auto ignore files in the same way CVS does

Haven't tried it, nor read the man page, so I have no idea whatever it
works or not.  And of course, if you "export" cvs access this won't help
a bit...

Best regards,
	Emil