www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Ken Smith <kensm...@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Subject Re: Mirror Update time
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:08:22 GMT
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 05:49:20PM +0100, Thom May wrote:

> Unpatched versions, yes. As I said earlier in the thread, most distributions
> backport patches to older versions rather than introduce new versions in
> stable distributions. How are you planning to test for this?

Ok, I was lost in what you were calling a distribution.  You're
talking about, e.g. RedHat backporting security patches to the
Apache version they bundled into RedHat 6.2.

Ick.  Convince distribution makers to diddle with the version number
by tacking on a patched-to date?  :-/

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu