www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Pieter De Wit <pie...@vodacom.co.za>
Subject Re: Mirror Update time
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:13:42 GMT
Hello Andrew,

I run http://apache.insync.za.net

The box is still running RedHat 7.0 and hence is running the latest from
RedHat. I will update the box to 8.0 as soon as I get there. I think you
should be focussing on rather looking at the content of the mirror (e.g.
the header html files etc) then the holes that the mirror might have.
Everyone should know that when downloading things from a mirror that the
mirror must be looked after and that if it is hacked, the fingers must
point to mirror rather then apache.org. I cant see the need to upgrade
to Apache 1.3.26 if the site is secure.

Just my 2 cents !

Thanks,

Pieter

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 06:06, Andrew Kenna wrote:
> People, please follow the steps outlines on http://httpd.apache.org/
> The following are mirrors that are no longer valid, meaning 1 of the following
>
> 1) They are un-reachable
> 2) They do not contain the latest version of apache
> 3) They are running a version of apache pre-dating 1.3.26
>
> Does anyone have any problems with removing mirror sites that are running versions of
apache prior to 1.3.26 ?

> If not, and if I don't hear anything from the guys(after waiting 1 week) that maintain
these web sites listed below they will all be removed from the official apache mirrors list.