www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Mirror created
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:19:13 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> How can I figure out what the delta is? I'm  mirroring world on Nagoya, and
> I have the ability to make something happen on jakarta-site...

Someone on jakarta (I've forgotten the name :-( started working on this
a while ago, but it seems to have stalled.  What needs to happen:

1. Move all the nightly build directories out of
jakarta.apache.org/builds/ (perhaps to jakarta.apache.org/nightlies/

2. Move jakarta.apache.org/builds/ to www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/ and
simultaneously setup a redirect to cover old links.

3. Change jakarta download links to point to
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jakarta/ so that people will
download from the mirrors.

If you can get that rocking, that would be excellent.  I don't think it
will be all that hard to accomplish.  A note to this list just before
you do step 2 would be wise, since there will be a sudden crush of new
content going out to the mirrors.

Joshua.