www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Mirror created
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:46:15 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 10:46:35PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
>>A quick check shows 1040829k.  We hope to increase it considerably some
>>time soon by including the jakarta and xml software distributions.  We
>>are therefore asking mirrors to have 10GB available.  You should also be
>>relatively well-connected.  If you don't have a fat pipe to the
>>Internet, there is not much point in being a mirror.
>

> We really need to do something about this. I stopped running the
> jakarta and xml site mirrors to my machine because the nightly
> deltas were so huge. It would be great if we could get the
> dist directories to only be official project distributions,
> so we could mirror just that instead of things like automated
> gump builds.

Yes, certainly.  When I have discussed this with the jakarta people, we
have been clear that nightly builds cannot go out to the mirrors.  The
other question, however, is whether all the old release (or pre-release)
builds should stay up on the mirrors (as they are for httpd) or if we
should prune down to just current releases.  I have mixed feelings about
that.

Joshua.