www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Mirror created
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:04:09 GMT
On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 10:46:35PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> A quick check shows 1040829k.  We hope to increase it considerably some
> time soon by including the jakarta and xml software distributions.  We
> are therefore asking mirrors to have 10GB available.  You should also be
> relatively well-connected.  If you don't have a fat pipe to the
> Internet, there is not much point in being a mirror.

We really need to do something about this. I stopped running the
jakarta and xml site mirrors to my machine because the nightly
deltas were so huge. It would be great if we could get the
dist directories to only be official project distributions,
so we could mirror just that instead of things like automated
gump builds.

-aaron