www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Mirror changes killed my mirror
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 19:11:41 GMT

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Obantec Support wrote:

> Hi
>
> i submitted a new mirror http://apache.obantec.com (Manchester UK) as per
> the instruction over a week ago to
> mirror-submit@apache.org.
> heard nothing then today received via list a few mirror submission requests.
>
> However with the new <Directory /path/to/mirror> settings i get forbidden in
> /dist/
> Directory index forbidden by rule: /home/domain/domain7/web/dist/
>
> and error 500 in /httpd/
> /home/domain/domain7/web/dist/httpd/.htaccess: CheckSpelling not allowed
> here
>
> apache 1.3.24
>
> found i had to add "Options Indexes" to directory to fix forbidden error.

Thanks.  I've updated the how-to-mirror docs with "Options Indexes" and
"AllowOverride all".  I've also removed the CheckSpelling directive from
the .htaccess.  I was trying to prevent the need for "AllowOverride all",
because I suspect some mirrors wouldn't want to give that much access to
their server, but I think if I don't put it in there is a big chance of
accidentally breaking mirrors in the future.

Please let me know when your mirror is working
(http://apache.obantec.com/dist/httpd/ still gives a 500 at the moment)
and I'll add it to the list.

Joshua.