www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject RE: Versions of Apache
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:43:09 GMT
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> httpd.apache.org is mirrorable, the rsync module name is httpd-site
>
> there have been some changes the the rsync modules available, do an rsync
> dev.apache.org:: to get the list

ok - i'd saw that in the new pages - does that mean the new policy is that
every apache project that is mirrorable now needs to be setup as a separate
vhost ?  i'm not terribly happy about that compared to what it used to be,
but i'd be even more unhappy if i setup say 10-20 vhosts (we have multiple
servers) only to find it all changes in a few weeks/months.

also, if i start mirroring things like the httpd site, how do i get people
pointed at it ? (do i also need to start rewriting urls within the local
apache mirror to point at the local http mirror ?)

regards,

-jason