www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: New Layout for Mirrors pages
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:51:29 GMT
On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:37:30AM +1100, Andrew Kenna wrote:
> Is it best to just create a sub-directory off the /www/www.apache.org called
> test until everyone is happy with what i'm working on ? There is already a
> directory called mirror on the server and I don't want to start stuffing
> around with it untill the work is ready to go public

I wouldn't worry about it.  Right now our information about mirrors is
not very useful anyway, so I think you should go forward with the regular
directory.  If you want to preview things for other people before going
live, you can copy them to /home/andrewk/public_html and let them view it
via the http://www.apache.org/~andrewk/ links.

In general, though, the best way is to just commit what you think the
changes should be and let others commit stuff on top of that if they
feel something is wrong.  We don't have enough managers to justify a
staging process.

....Roy