www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject compiling apache with sendfile support?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 00:20:29 GMT

are any apache mirrors using apache with sendfile(2) support?

i've just turned it on for our ftp server - but since we do
twice the volume of traffic through the web server (around
500-700G a day), i'd like to investigate using it there.

we're currently using apache 1.3.20 with a few bits compiled
in (php 4.0.5, mod layout, mm 113), with the bulk of the
traffic through the main server, but probably around 40 other
virtual servers for various mirrors.

i've tried using google to search for this and come up with
a serial of articles/patches for 1.3.9, but nothing recent
mentioned.  i've tried a brief trawl of the 1.3.20 source
and couldn't spot anythere there either.

regards,

-jason