www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Pieter De Wit <pie...@vodacom.co.za>
Subject RE: cannont connect to mirror for updates
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:50:04 GMT
Hello George,

Don't you perhaps have any firewall rules ?

Cheers,

Pieter De Wit

-----Original Message-----
From: George R. Kasica [mailto:georgek@netwrx1.com]
Sent: 28 October 2001 02:14
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: cannont connect to mirror for updates

Hello:

I'm a new mirror site here and have been unable to connect to
dev.apache.org with the command shown below or just

rsync rsync://dev.apache.org:: to get a list of modules.

I'm either getting a timeout error or
failed to connect to dev.apache.org - Connection refused

Is there a site problem or am I missing something?

# Apache Web Server Mirror
rsync -rtl -vv --archive --delete --compress --stats --exclude \
incoming rsync://dev.apache.org/apache-site /home/ftp/pub/apache

George

===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 677 0766
President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
Netwrx Consulting Inc.          Jackson, WI USA
http://www.netwrx1.com
georgek@netwrx1.com
ICQ #12862186