www-mirrors mailing list archives

From The Flying Hamster <hams...@vom.tm>
Subject Re: Total incompetence (was Problems updating via rsync)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:51:31 GMT
On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 05:49:07PM +0200, Bert Vermeulen wrote:
[...]
> > Most importantly: HAVE SOMEONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MIRROR, who is on list
> > list.
>
> That's the most important point, allright. For an example of how it should
> be done, just look at the Proftpd project. The person responsible for this
> has done a wonderful job, and has managed to get some 200 mirrors working
> perfectly. Something wrong with your mirror? You get a mail.

Scripts and automation are your friends in the wilderness, I've a
stack of other plans for making the work required reduce to close to
zero but as always time is the problem.  If anyone wants the scripts
and bits which help me maintain the mirror list and DNS for
www|ftp.*.proftpd.org just shout, they're available for the asking.

BTW thanks for the ego boost, though it's actually only about 140
mirrors (that's counting both www & ftp mirrors) ;)

    Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster@suespammers.org>         http://hamster.wibble.org/
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.