www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject RE: Alive ?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:32:47 GMT
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> Ok good, I just found it odd that I had not recieved an emails from this
> list for the past 6 weeks.

it's not that suprising.  the mirroring effort has pretty much died :-(

i've lost track of the number of complaints from people asking why
i run an apache mirror which points them off to the US when they try
and access the "httpd" area.  right. that's *my* fault..

not counting the people that i point out there's a local docs mirror..
and they say it's too hard to figure out how to get to it.

so my $0.02, why doesn't the apache group fold the whole mirroring
setup and start from scratch ?  it reflects badly at the moment.

-jason