www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Alive ?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:22:33 GMT
I reckon its a bit disappointing the mirroring project has pretty much died.
Obviously people have to work so they can live but if the guys who do the
work o/s don't have time they should look for other people who have the time
to constantly maintain it.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: jason andrade [mailto:jason@dstc.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 9:33 AM
To: 'mirrors@apache.org'
Subject: RE: Alive ?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> Ok good, I just found it odd that I had not recieved an emails from this
> list for the past 6 weeks.

it's not that suprising.  the mirroring effort has pretty much died :-(

i've lost track of the number of complaints from people asking why
i run an apache mirror which points them off to the US when they try
and access the "httpd" area.  right. that's *my* fault..

not counting the people that i point out there's a local docs mirror..
and they say it's too hard to figure out how to get to it.

so my $0.02, why doesn't the apache group fold the whole mirroring
setup and start from scratch ?  it reflects badly at the moment.

-jason