www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject Re: Apache mirror system - comments
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:07:59 GMT
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Henk P. Penning wrote:

>   I agree. It is better (for users and organizers) to have
>   fewer complete mirrors than more partial mirrors.
>
>   On the other hand, I can't think of a practical reason
>   why each project (apache, jakarta, etc) can't have its
>   own, self contained, easy-to-mirror, sub-site.

scale - i think that'd require more effort than having one
set of standards.  one look and feel, one set of templates,
one HOWTO on mirroring..  minimal number of people to organize
it..

i'd prefer to go back to having apache.org/httpd/ apache.org/xml/
apache.org/jakarta/ and having that replicated on mirror sites.
than the current system where every subproject splits out.

-jason