www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject Re: /dist URL
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 04:27:50 GMT
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Devendra Narayan wrote:

> Yes, it is. But, in cases, like ours, where we provide both http and ftp data
> it would be a waste to copy the dist twice ( once from apache-site and
> once from apache-dist ). Thus, for pure ftp users, we only provide the
> data mirrored from the apache-dist module. And I exclude dist when
> mirroring the apache-site module.

you don't need to - the apache-site includes the dist area.

so you can either create one area which is visible to both ftp and http
(which we do).  or you can mirror the whole apache-site area and
exclude the dist area, which you can separatly mirror to the right
area, or if you have enough disk space (though i wouldn't do this),
you can just use rsync locally to keep a separate ftp area of the
dist area.

> In any case, the inconsistency in the URLs displayed ( and real ) on the
> Apache mirrors page still remains !!

this, i agree with.

regards,

-jason