www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject RE: Another Suggestion
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 04:37:03 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> yeah i know, I just want to get the thoughts from the apache guys who
> maintain the servers mainly ask and Brian as these are the people that need
> to make the necessary alterations

i was actually pretty happy with the way it "used" to be.  it appears
to have outgrown that in that there are now a lot of sub projects
and the apache web server is no longer the "primary" project - it is
a sub project under the whole apache group (including jakarta, etc).

with that in mind, i am happy to have one rsync share for the
apache dist area (source and binaries) [which is what exists now]
and a separate area which is just the web pages, so that people
can go to a local mirror of httpd.apache.org here.

-jason